top of page

Code Enforcement

The mission and goal of our code enforcement efforts are to work with our residents and businesses to create a safe and healthy environment in which to live and work, while protecting the visual conditions and enhancing the quality of life within our neighborhoods and business districts. 


Complaints regarding Pride Code violations may be registered on a complaint form. 

To access the complaint form click here REQUEST FOR ACTION FORM.

Completed complaint forms may be dropped off at Town Hall or e-mailed to Complaints may be anonymous.  To submit an anonymous complaint, complete a complaint form and place it in the drop box located outside of the front door of Town Hall.


To access our Pride Code click the link below.

To access our Municipal Code click the link below.


The following is a list of some of the most common issues investigated and handled by our Code Enforcement. 

Vegetation:  Property is to be kept mowed and maintained. Weeds and tall grasses in excess of 6-inches on all properties located within the town limits shall mowed or removed.  Allowable grass/weeds length for property zoned A1 Agriculture is 12-inches.


PLEASE NOTE:  Excessive weeds contribute to Fire Hazards!


Property Maintenance: Property is to be kept free from any conditions which would cause the property to become unsightly, including of any accumulation of garbage, rubbish, litter or debris which include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Landscape trimmings (grass, tree trimmings)

  • Construction materials

  • Old furniture, furniture parts

  • Abandoned/neglected equipment

  • Auto parts/scrap metal

  • Household fixtures/appliances 

  • Vehicles (abandoned, dismantled, wrecked, inoperative vehicles, or parts)

These items must be stored away from public view and/or removed from the property.

Illegal Dumping:  Illegal dumping of any kind such as waste, trash, junk or debris in any unauthorized area is prohibited in the Town of Silver Cliff. Illegal dumping is commonly found in areas such as vacant lots, along roadways and at construction sites. Please Contact the Custer County Landfill for Hours.

Campers & Recreational Vehicles:  Campers and any other recreational vehicle must be stored off the street in an area designated on your property for vehicle storage. Campers and any recreational vehicles may be temporarily stored on the street in front of the occupant’s house for no longer than 48-hours at a time for loading and offloading purposes only.

Fences: Unless otherwise prohibited, you can install a privacy fence maximum of 6-feet in height, using common fencing materials with REQUIRED PERMIT and pin location. This is handled by the Building and Zoning Official, please call 719-783-3034.


– Who Handles What ….

Public Works- 719-783-2704

Graffiti in Public Places

Public Area Maintenance (Parks & Trails)

Road Maintenance

Street Lights and Signs

Custer County Sheriff's Office- Non Emergency Line 719-783-2270

Animal Complaints- Noise or Excessive Number of Cats or Dogs

Criminal Activity

Drug Related Activity

Parking Complaints

  • Vehicle Parking on Public Streets or Alleys

  • RV Parking on Public Streets

  • Abandoned or Unlicensed Vehicles on Public Streets or Alleys

Noise Complaints (i.e. Music, Vehicles, Nuisance, Jake Brakes​

Speeding and Stop Sign Complaints/Violations

Building and Zoning Office- 719-783-3034


Location of Property Lines

Pride Code Violations (i.e. Excessive Trash, Vehicles) 

Wet Mountain Animal Welfare- 719-430-5494

Stray or loose dogs 


Round Mountain Water and Sewer- 719-783-2604

Water and Sewer Complaints

Black Hills Energy- 888-890-5554

or Sangre de Cristo Electric- 719-395-2412

Trees on Electrical Power Lines

bottom of page