The Silver Cliff Cemetery was created in the early 1880’s and is located about one-half mile south of State Hwy 96 on Mill Street. It is owned and operated by the Town. The cemetery is famous for it’s unexplained “dancing blue lights” seen on occasion and featured in the August 1969 National Geographic Magazine, Volume 136, No. 2. The cemetery is currently about 40% occupied with plots still available. Plots are 10’ x 12’6” and cost $500.00 each for Custer County Residents and $1,500.00 for non-residents.
For more information, contact Town Clerk,
Cemetery address: 1435 Mill Street, Silver Cliff, CO